Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tool # 11- Reflection

1. All of the 11 tools have been very eye opening to me and I can envision using most of them in my classroom, and for my personal use as well. One of my favorites was PhotoStory because it was so easy and fun to use. I think this will carry over with the students very well and I plan to use this tool in my classroom this year. I think PhotoStory would be ideal for a group or class project on a certain subject, for example, the life cycle of a butterfly, which we will study this year. I also like all of time savers, like Delicious, which will really help in the classroom.
2. I have really transformed the way that I think learning will take place in the classroom. With all of this technology at our fingertips, how can learning cease to take place? Knowing that all these technology tools are available, fun, and user friendly makes me really excited for this school year! I look forward to using all that I have learned through the 11 tools training to really accelerate learning and student achievement in my classroom.
3. Going through all the 11 tools has showed me just how important (and easy!) collaborating with other teachers and students is. Collaboration is key! I think this is a huge goal in education today, and sharing information via technology is a win-win situation for everyone. I was so surprised how fun it was to learn how to use all these new technology tools! I was nervous at first, not having heard about many of the tools, that it would be hard and not enjoyable to learn. Now that I have learned how to use the tools, I have so much more confidence that I will be able to use them to benefit my students in the classroom this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment