Friday, July 2, 2010

Tool #6

Wikis would be great for both teachers and students. I think that using Wikis would really encourage student collaboration with one another, and would encourage them to explore new information. www.TeachersFirst.com has some great ideas for how to use Wikis in your classroom. One of the ideas that I came across when I was exploring different Wikis was the idea of doing an author study or book review through a Wiki. I think this would provide a great way for students to collaborate with one another and to continue to add more information to a certain subject or topic. This is only one of the great ideas I found for use with Wikis in your classroom, and I am thinking about using some of these ideas in my classroom this coming year. Teachers and students could also use Wikis for personal use as well, just like in the camping video illustration. I also think, that in terms of working with my team at school, Wikis would provide opportunities for collaboration and organization. As a team, we could come up with a plan for organizing an event, or even consider using a Wiki in aid of creating and updating our roadmaps for the year. This way, every team member would have a way to add to an idea. I think that collaboration is key in education, for both teachers and students, and I think that Wikis can help achieve this important component.

No comments:

Post a Comment